Workplace Harassment Prevention Training is designed to help employees across your organization recognize, address, and prevent harassment, stereotyping, and bias. The goals of training are to promote cultural competency and to create a culture of respectful communication. Instruction is hands-on and will incorporate real-life scenarios to ensure that sessions are relatable and actionable.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for all employees at every level of your organization.
Through training, participants will learn to recognize, address, and prevent harassment, stereotyping, and bias.
Workplace Harassment Prevention Training is designed to be customized for each organization and for different departments and job functions. Our instructor will work with you to develop a curriculum that meets your specific needs. Topics can include:
- Understanding, recognizing, addressing, preventing Workplace Harassment
- Workplace respect and dignity
- Understanding bullying, harassment, discrimination, etc.
- Cultural competency
- Generational differences
- Gender equality
- Understanding the power of diversity
- Self-awareness and accountability: Let’s take action!
- Golden rule vs. Platinum rule
- Sensitivity and Empathy
- We take pride in our organizational culture: How can you help support our mission, ideals, and fellow co-workers?
- How we communicate makes all the difference (body language, words, images, texts, emails, etc.)
- Case study review and processing
3 hour sessions, 2 sessions per day, maximum 15 participants per session
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
A PDF participant guide will be provided that should be printed in advance of training
Available on-site at your organization and virtually