The emphasis of IATF 16949:2016 on process efficiency, effectiveness, and business results requires a “value-adding” approach to auditing. Instead of examining past conformance to requirements and regulations in minute detail, you can use current performance to project future actions. By adopting this approach, auditing in its many forms becomes a cost-effective means of improving your organization. Audits are performed and presented in a meaningful way, with audit results in business terms that appeal to the interests of the various stakeholders.
This IATF 16949 Internal Auditor training course is designed to enhance participants’ understanding of process auditing techniques. Using interactive workshops, simulated audits, and case studies, students will develop practical audit skills, improve evaluation and communication skills, refine reporting skills, and sharpen their ability to implement corrective action programs.
The course includes a detailed review of the new technical specification document IATF 16949:2016. This is a clause-by-clause review so that students understand the complete set of requirements that impacts not only their audits but the QMS back at the facility.
We will also cover the requirements of the OEMs. These are critical and required for Tier 2 and 3 Internal Auditors in the automotive industry. Then we take a dive in to how-to-audit the core tools. These are also critical and required since every customer requires them.
Who Should Attend
This IATF 16949 Internal Auditor training course is designed for individuals who wish to learn how to perform audits for a quality management system based on IATF 16949:2016.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand all the new IATF 16949:2016 Quality Management criteria
- Understand the fundamentals of Process Auditing
- Understand the Core Tools: FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, SPC, APQP, PPAP
- Conduct Metric-Driven audits
- Review Customer Specific requirements
- Coordinate an effective audit program
- Identify key activities for performing a successful audit
- Evaluate the significance of audit findings
- Report the audit findings and evaluations
- Develop and implement corrective action programs
- Audit continual improvement programs
IATF 16949 Internal Auditor Training Course Format
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available on-site at your organization for a maximum of 15 participants