This ISO 9001/IATF 16949 Internal Auditor with Core Tools course is designed to enhance participants’ understanding of process auditing techniques. Using interactive workshops, simulated audits, and case studies, students develop practical audit skills, improve evaluation and communication skills, refine reporting skills, and sharpen their ability to implement corrective action programs.
The course includes a detailed review of the technical specification document IATF 16949:2016. This is a clause-by-clause review so that students understand the complete set of requirements that impacts not only their audits but the QMS at the facility.
The Automotive Quality Core Tools (also included) are the building blocks of an effective quality management system. They include Advanced Product Quality Planning & Control Plan (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
This class focuses on the relationship and application of all the Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, SPC, MSA, and PPAP). A composite overview of the tools will outline how to improve your organization from quality planning all the way through the important feedback process. Awareness of the tools as well as an in-depth look into each will allow you to implement and “connect the dots” to fulfill the requirements of ISO 9001/ IATF 16949.
Who Should Attend
This IATF 16949 Internal Auditor training course is designed for individuals who wish to learn how to perform audits for a quality management system based on IATF 16949:2016 and incorporate the Core Tools into the audit process.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand all the new IATF 16949:2016 Quality Management criteria
- Understand the fundamentals of Process Auditing
- Understand the Core Tools: FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, SPC, APQP, PPAP
- Conduct Metric-Driven audits
- Review Customer Specific requirements
- Coordinate an effective audit program
- Identify key activities for performing a successful audit
- Evaluate the significance of audit findings
- Report the audit findings and evaluations
- Develop and implement corrective action programs
- Audit continual improvement programs
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Quality Management Principles
- Process Approach and Risked-Based Thinking
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 – Requirements Review
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 – Requirements Review (Cont.)
- Auditing the Core Tools and Customer Specific Requirements – Introductory Analysis
- Auditing Skills
- Types of audits
- Audit approaches
- Audit objectives, scope, and criteria
- Auditor competence
- Auditor principles and methods
- Audit program
- Audit roles and responsibilities
- Audit techniques
- Gather information
- Audit cycle
- Core Tools Review
- Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- APQP and Control Plan Methodology (APQP)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Written Examination
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available on-site at your organization and virtually for a maximum of 15 participants
Angelo Scangas – President and CEO
Laura Halleck – Senior Consultant, Quality Systems Auditing (Automotive, Aerospace)
IATF 16949:2016 AUDIT FINDINGS FEEDBACK
Course Evaluations Set 1
Course Evaluations Set 2
May: 9:00am-3:00pm (EST) each day
Follow QSG on LinkedIn!
Become a QSG Member today!