Far too often people are promoted into leadership positions without the proper training. Just because an employee is a good ‘worker’ doesn’t mean he or she will automatically be a great ‘leader’ of others! Being a leader is an entirely different job with an entirely different set of skills and competencies.
Leaders are also not born proficient; there is a substantial amount of learning and experience that is needed to be successful. The goal of this training is to accelerate the learning curve. This course teaches participants the techniques and methodologies of supervising and leading themselves and others, which will immediately be put into action.
Participants will assess their own levels of proficiency and create a plan to improve effectiveness. They will also begin to identify and change their immediate work environment into a more healthy, positive, and professional one.
Supervisory Skills covers the key concepts of many of the leading management gurus, including Ken Blanchard, Stephen Covey, and John C Maxwell.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Supervisors, Managers, and above, including Senior Leadership.
Through training, participants will learn how to retain staff and gain the maximum level of commitment and production from their employees.
- Introductions & Logistics
- Introduction to Organizational Development
- Different Levels of an Organization
- Definition of Leadership / Ever-changing vision / Lead yourself first
- Attributes of the best leader you’ve ever worked with
- Self-Assessment: My Attribute Competencies & Opportunities for Development
- What is a 360 Assessment
- How to Conduct a 360 Degree Assessment of My Attributes
- What a Successful Leader Does
- Leadership Characteristics
- Boss vs. Leader
- What Do Employees Want?
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Servant Leadership
- Agreements: How to create a mutually understood Agreement of Attributes & Behaviors
- How People Are Different & What Needs To Change?
- Temperament Assessment & flexing your own style to meet the needs of others
- Improvement Opportunity Log and Worksheets
- Leading Peers
- Job Analysis: Identifying & Prioritizing Work, Supervisory & Interpersonal Responsibilities
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available on-site at your organization and virtually