Through an interactive simulation of a typical factory, participants in this course explore Lean concepts. The simulation begins with a mock factory in which departments operate with little coordination and poorly conceived goals. Participants apply Lean concepts to the simulation in multiple improvement cycles to arrive at an optimal factory, as defined by the Customer.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Managers/Supervisors, Operators/Clerical Staff, Engineers/Inspectors, and Suppliers/Customers.
Through training, participants will learn to apply Lean in order to:
- Reduce waste
- Lower costs
- Simplify processes
- Communicate more effectively
- Improve employee morale/lower employee stress
- Increase Customer satisfaction
Who is the Customer?
There are at least 2 Customers:
- The buyer
- The next operation in line
We are all part of “one team” serving the final Customer
- How to distinguish between value- add vs. non-value-add
- What is Waste? – Identify and eliminate 8 types of waste
- Workflow Analysis
- 8 Wastes
- Visual Factory
- Error Proofing
- Quick Changeover
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available at QSG’s training facilities, on-site at your organization, and virtually