Team Leading Course Description
This course prepares participants to successfully lead a team. It begins with a discussion about the basic definition of a team to create a structure for course activities. During training, participants will learn to define their own strengths and identify areas of opportunity, plan and run a meeting that is productive and under control, and monitor their team’s progress to assure success. This course also includes training on the Plan-Do-Study-Act model, a tool for driving team progress and helping people with behavioral changes.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for current and future team leaders. It is beneficial to anyone who is in a management role within his/her organization.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Lead a team
- Understand team dynamics
- Avoid common leadership pitfalls
- Plan and run a successful meeting
- Leverage their team for success
- Use the Plan-Do-Study-Act model to help create change
Team Leading Course Outline
- Defining a Team
- Defining personal strengths and identifying areas of opportunity
- Common team leadership mistakes and how to prevent them
- Planning for a meeting
- Running a meeting
- In/Out Rule for Process Improvement teams
- Monitoring team performance
- Helping a team grow and using encouragement as a tool
- Behavioral techniques for team leadership
Team Leading Course Format
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available at QSG’s training facilities and on-site at your organization
Follow QSG on LinkedIn!
Become a QSG Member today!