During this course participants will learn to implement both Risk Based and Opportunity Based Thinking found in the ISO 9001:2015 Standard. Instruction includes lectures and hands-on activities that demonstrate how to effectively implement both, with a focus on how both Context of the Organization and the Process Approach facilitate the identification of both Risks and Opportunities.
The Context of the Organization focuses on both the external and internal environments of an organization that influence both risk and opportunities. The Process Approach applies to the management of processes and their interactions that can result in both risks and opportunities.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for managers and individual contributors interested in learning how to implement a continual improvement process that defines both risks and opportunities in a business. These risks and opportunities can be defined with the Context of the Organization or the Process Approach.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand the concept of Risk-Based Thinking and the use of Tools to quantify risk and implement preventive actions
- Understand the concept of Opportunity-Based Thinking and the use of Tools to quantify opportunity and implement continual improvements
- Understand the “Context of the Organization” and how to apply it to an organization’s risk and opportunity management systems
- Understand the “Process Approach” and how to apply it to an organization’s risk and opportunity management systems
- Understand the “Plan-Do-Check-Act” process in the context of risks and opportunities
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Planning of Risk & Opportunity
- Risk Based Thinking Fundamentals
- Opportunity Based Thinking Fundamentals
- Risk and Opportunity Based Thinking Tool (Registers)
- Context of the Organization
- SWOTs & Registers
- Quality Management System Process Approach
- Process Maps & Registers
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available at QSG’s training facilities and on-site at your organization