Course instructor: Bob Deysher – Senior Consultant, Quality Systems/Risk Management/Auditing
ISO 9001:2015 is a quality management standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). The requirements of ISO 9001:2015 are generic, however they must be carefully interpreted to make sense within a particular organization. The standard can be applied to any organization that, regardless of its type or size, needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products and services that enhance customer satisfaction and provide assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Every member of your workforce who participates in planning, leading, and conducting your company’s internal QMS audit activities and managing its environmental program will benefit from taking ISO 9001:2015 training. This two hour ISO 9001:2015 overview is particularly adapted for training top management on the high-level requirements of this standard.
The ISO 9001:2015 International Standard encourages more internal and external stakeholder focus as part of a risk-based approach to quality management. It also emphasizes that adopting a Quality Management System (QMS) is a strategic decision for the organization.
QSG has prepared the following overview for organizations who are interested in training their employees to ISO 9001.
- ISO 9001 process overview
- Annex SL and its importance
- The process-approach and continuous Improvement methodology
- A review of risk-based thinking
- Other ISO 9001:2015 requirements:
– Context of the Organization
– Planning the Quality Management System
– Documented Information
– Organizational Knowledge
– Control of Externally Provided Processes, Products, and Services
– Internal Audit
– Next steps in the development/introduction of ISO 9001:2015