2:00-5:00pm (EST) each day for all courses
The Certified Quality Auditor is a professional who understands the standards and principles of auditing and the auditing techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating, and reporting to determine a quality system’s adequacy and deficiencies. The CQA analyzes all elements of a quality system and judges its degree of adherence to the criteria of industrial management and quality evaluation and control systems.
Through discussion, review, and practice, attendees will become thoroughly familiar with the complete CQA Body of Knowledge. Class discussions include an in-depth overview of the exam process, along with the rationales for correct answers. Sample test questions and answers offer participants a better understanding of the basic principles and applications that will appear on the exam.
This intensive course is designed to quickly and efficiently give students the information, skills, strategies, and techniques to successfully prepare to sit for the ASQ CQA certification exam offered 4 times a year.
*Taking this course does not constitute or imply the successful passing of the ASQ Certified Quality Auditor exam. Participants will need to study the course material and CD practice questions outside of class.
This is a face-to-face, instructor led, 16 hour course.
- Understand the CQA Body of Knowledge.
- Prepare to sit for and pass the CQA exam.
- Understand audit fundamentals, audit processes, auditor competencies, audit program management for business application, and quality tools and techniques.
- There will be approximately 15-20% (25-30 questions) of the test will be devoted to case studies. These case studies will use the same four-choice answer format as the rest of the test, the use of scenario details and sample documents will allow the candidates to apply their critical thinking skills in in evaluating realistic situations and accompanying documents, memo’s etc. Sample case studies will be part of the Leaning Objectives for this class.
Module I: Auditing Fundamentals
- Basic Terms and Concepts
- Purpose of Audits
- Types of Audits
- Audit Criteria
- Roles and Responsibilities of Audit Participants
- Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues
Module II: Audit Process
- Audit Preparation and Planning
- Audit Performance
- Audit Reporting
- Audit Follow-up and Closure
Module III: Auditor Competencies
- Auditor Characteristics
- Resource Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Communication Techniques
- Interviewing Techniques
- Team Member Roles, Leadership, and Facilitation
Module IV: Audit Program and Business Applications
- Audit Program Management
- Business Applications
Module V: Quality Tools and Techniques
- Basic Quality and Problem-Solving Tools
- Process Improvement Techniques
- Basic Statistics
- Sampling Methods
- Process Variation and Process Performance Metrics
- Cost of Quality
- Verification and Validation
- Risk Management Tools
Module VI: Review of Sample Case Studies.
Module VII: General Exam Information, Test Taking Tips, and Practice Test
Course material cost:
Quality Council of Indiana material – $150
2:00-5:00pm (EST) each day