The AS9100:2016 (Rev. D) Standard introduced in September 2016 has undergone a major revision in keeping with the changes being made to the ISO 9001 standard. AS9100 Rev. D includes all the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 along with approximately 105 additional requirements specific to the Aviation, Space and Defense industry.
This one day workshop is designed to provide an overview of the requirements for a quality management system based upon AS9100 Rev. D while emphasizing the key differences to SAE AS9100 Revision C. Participants will gain an understanding of the requirements of AS9100:2016 and its inter-relationship with the base standard ISO 9001:2015.
Participants in this workshop will learn:
- Understand the terms, definitions, and concepts of AS9100:2016
- Recognize the factors that contribute to an effective quality management system
- Understand the purpose of AS9100:2016
- Understand the process approach
- Interpret the individual clauses of AS9100:2016 and understand their impact on the organization
- Identify in depth the AS9100 Rev D Quality Management System criteria
- Outline strategies for meeting new requirements such as risk-based thinking
- Show the differences between ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100
- Show the differences between AS9100 Rev C and Rev D
- Discuss the reasons for the differences