This 16-hour AS9100D training course is designed to provide training on the implementation of the requirements for a quality management system (QMS) based upon the AS9100D standard. AS9100D includes all the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 along with approximately 105 additional requirements specific to the Aviation, Space and Defense industry.
This in-depth, training course examines the requirements and intent of each clause and subclause of AS9100D, including audit evidence required to demonstrate conformity to AS9100D requirements. It is designed for AS9100D implementation team members, auditors, and other representatives from key functional groups involved in the organization’s AS9100D quality management system.
Participants will gain an understanding of these requirements and standards. Participants will also understand the AS9100D standard’s effect on an organization, and how to implement and roll out a QMS.
What is the format of AS9100?
AS9100 uses a process approach to deploy the requirements of the standard. Organizations are asked to:
- Review and determine its critical processes
- Define each process inputs and outputs
- Create documentation necessary to show effective control of the process (Note that this does not necessarily mean creating a procedure.)
- Creating and analyzing measures of process performance for use in determining either corrective action or continual improvement
What are the benefits of AS9100 training?
- Fosters improved product & process quality.
- Provides additional confidence for global sourcing.
- Ensures a global quality system approach in the supply chain for supplier/subcontractor service consistency.
- Reduces variation, waste and improves the overall efficiency in production levels.
- Lessens the number of second party audits.
- Provides a common platform to address worldwide quality system requirements.
This course is designed to provide a detailed review of the requirements for a quality management system based on AS9100:2016, while emphasizing the implementation techniques required for an effective and efficient QMS.
- Course objectives, structure, and an introduction to AS9100 history and benefits
- Annex SL and how this new structure impacts ISO 9001
- Quality Management Principles
- Process Approach and Risked-Based Thinking
- A detailed review of AS9100:2016 sections, with explanations of their impact(s)
- How to Implement AS9100:2016
- The ISO 9000 & AS9100 Family of Standards Explained
- Introduction to ISO 9001 and AS9100D
- ISO 9001 and AS9100D Requirements
- Group Exercise 1: Context of the Organization
- Group Exercise 2: Interested Party Expectations
- Group Exercise 2: Audit Scenarios Clauses 4-6
- Group Exercise 3: Audit Scenarios Clauses 7-8
- Group Exercise 4: Audit Scenarios Clauses 9-10
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals and managers interested in learning how to implement AS9100D
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand the operation of a quality management system based AS9100:2016 and its principal processes
- Understand the requirements of the AS9100:2016 Standard
- Demonstrate an understanding of how risk-based thinking supports and improves the understanding and application of the process approach
- Assess the level of complexity of transitioning to AS9100:2016 and develop a consistent plan for the transition
- Understand the additional requirements
- Operations Risk Management
- Product Safety
- Special Requirements
- Critical Items
- Configuration Management
- On Time Delivery
- Counterfeit Parts
- Expanded requirements for production and external providers
- Clearer understanding of the organization’s context
- Aligning QMS policy and objectives with the strategy of the organization
- Explicit performance evaluation requirements
- Greater flexibility with documentation
- More compatible with services
Course Format – Live Virtual or on-site
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
A test will be administered, resulting in a certification
Available at QSG’s training facilities and on-site at your organization.