Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) is a powerful technique for avoiding process problems and preventing defects in products and services. The use of FMEA helps to anticipate and guide action to prevent failures in both design and process performance.
In this intensive two-day workshop, you will learn to estimate the probability of failures and their causes in your product, process and machine designs. You will also learn effective techniques to plan for identifying and minimizing defects in both manufacturing and service processes.
During hands-on workshops, you will perform both design and process FMEA’s on your own designs and process issues, present the results of your analyses, and plan future applications of FMEA when you return to work. At the end of this program, you will have a new tool set that you can apply right away to prevent failures in your organization’s designs and processes.
The seminar workbook includes a copy of Guidelines for Performing a Design and Process FMEA, a handy reference for use during the workshop. This Guideline also serves as a template for drafting a company-specific FMEA policy and procedures for your own organization.
Benefits of FMEA
Following are benefits realized and reported by companies following the effective application and Design and Process FMEA.
- Addresses critical failure modes early in the design cycle
- Makes development plans more robust by addressing actions to reduce risk and increase yield before failures occur
- Fewer ECOs (engineering change orders)
- Faster time to market
- Reduced scrap and rework
- Fewer customer complaints
- Reduced warranty failures and costs
- Increased productivity
- Improved communications
- Increased profits
- Increased market share
- Reduction of product recalls
Who Should Attend
Engineers and managers from R & D, design, manufacturing, materials, safety, environmental and quality. Marketing, maintenance and field service personnel will also benefit from this training. Participants are encouraged to bring their own designs and process maps to get the most out of the hands-on workshops and applications. This workshop is most beneficial when a team from your organization attends together.
- Systems Thinking
- Introduction to Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Control Plans
- Basic Procedure for Improving a System
- Introduction to Systematic Root Cause Analysis – and the difference between RCA and FMEA
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available at QSG’s training facilities and on-site at your organization