Effective communication is the cornerstone of progress. To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and people around us and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others. The professional who understands the power of great communication is the person who rapidly rises through the ranks and builds success along the way. Fortunately, great communication skills and abilities can be learned!
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for all levels of employees, from professionals to managers and directors all the way through to the C-level suite in your organization.
This course is designed to provide students with a better comprehension of various communication styles and how to more effectively communicate with colleagues, customers, and shareholders.
Communication Skills Course Outline
- Communication Styles & Differences
- Identify the pros & cons of your natural communication style
- Understand your colleagues’ communication style and how to better collaborate effectively
- Techniques for being heard when styles don’t mesh
- Setting the Stage
- Making sure your instructions are clear and understood
- Persuasive words to drive respect
- Non-verbal Communication Impacts
- A review of phycological studies on how we communicate with tone
- What our body-language is telling others
- How non-verbals conflict or support our words
- Common Communication Barriers
- Language & perceptual differences
- Identifying the barriers and obstacles to effective listening
- Dealing with emotion
- Overcoming inattention and poor attention
- Effectively communicating during conflict
Course Format – 8 hours
Combination lecture and classroom exercises. Available at QSG’s training facilities and on-site at your organization.
Follow QSG on LinkedIn!
Become a QSG Member today!