ISO/IEC 17025 specifies the general requirements for the competence to conduct tests and/or calibrations, including sampling. It covers testing and calibration quality systems using standard methods, non-standard methods, and laboratory-developed methods.
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 consists of five elements: Scope, Normative References, Terms and Definitions, Management Requirements, and Technical Requirements. The two main sections are Management Requirements and Technical Requirements. Management Requirements are primarily related to the operation and effectiveness of the laboratory’s quality management system. Technical Requirements includes factors that determine the correctness and reliability of the tests and calibrations performed by the laboratory.
This ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Implementation Workshop uses practical examples to help participants understand how to implement various aspects of a laboratory management system, and includes training on:
- Benefits of ISO 17025
- Management requirements
- Technical requirements
- Documentation requirements
- Steps towards ISO 17025 laboratory accreditation
- ISO 17025 and agencies, such as the US FDA
- Impact on Analytical Laboratories
- Recommendations for implementation
- Dealing with multiple quality systems
- Preparation for an ISO 17025 Audit
- Local and global resources
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for:
- Food, environmental, chemical, and clinical testing laboratory personnel
- QA managers and personnel
- Analysts and lab managers
- Training department personnel
- Documentation department personnel
Through training, participants will learn:
- The key clauses of ISO 17025
- The laboratory accreditation process, including the benefits and considerations
- How to develop a plan for implementing ISO 17025
- What is required for the maintenance of an ISO 17025 system
On Day 1 of this training course participants will learn about the fundamentals of ISO17025, including exploring the relationship between ISO 17025 and other standards, and the difference between Certification and Accreditation, including analysis of the benefits and considerations of these options.
On Day 2 participants will explore ISO 17025 management system requirements and develop implementation skills, including performing a gap analysis, creating high level process maps, understanding risks and opportunities of implementation, and developing an implementation plan.
A read of the ISO 17025:2017 Standard
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available at QSG’s training facilities, on-site at your organization, and virtually
9am-2pm (EST) each day
Follow QSG on LinkedIn!
Become a QSG Member today!