This Policy Deployment Course introduces participants to a method of aligning a company’s goals and objectives through all levels of the organization. It is the western equivalent of Japan’s Hoshin Kanri, which translates to “management by policy”. Policy Deployment ensures that everyone in the company pulls in the same direction and toward clearly defined goals and holds employees accountable for achieving their part of the strategic plan. A key element of Policy Deployment is “catchball” or the process of getting leaders at all levels involved in the process of defining improvement objectives or targets for the business. Weekly/monthly progress reviews are also central to Policy Deployment.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for CEOs, Presidents, and Senior Leaders of a company or business.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define Policy Deployment and its benefits
- Explain the Policy Deployment process
- Understand how breakthrough improvement is accomplished through Policy Deployment and macro planning
- Understand how to conduct Policy Deployment progress reviews
Policy Deployment Course Outline
- What is Policy Deployment?
- What are the benefits of Policy Deployment?
- The Policy Deployment matrix and its key components
- How to define result and driver measures
- Understanding the Policy Deployment cycle
- How to use “catchball” to align the objectives
- What is macro planning and how is it used to make sure the right things are being done to drive breakthrough improvement?
- How to implement Policy Deployment progress reviews
- Potential pitfalls when implementing Policy Deployment
Combination lecture, discussion, and facilitative exercises
Available at QSG’s training facilities and on-site at your organization
Follow QSG on LinkedIn!
Become a QSG Member today!