ISO 17025 Training Course Overview
ISO/IEC 17025 has been revised (ISO/IEC 17025:2017) to better align with the ISO 9001 standard. Thus, Testing and Calibration Laboratories can harmonize their lab system accreditation by recognizing the ISO 9001:2017 standard as the basis for sound management of lab systems. Clause 5 contains all the requirements that testing, and calibration labs must meet if they wish to demonstrate that they operate a management system, are technically competent, and are able to generate technically valid results.
ISO 17025 Training is useful for any organization that performs testing, sampling or calibration and wants reliable results. This includes all types of laboratories, whether they be owned and operated by government, industry or, in fact, any other organization. The standard is also useful to universities, research centers, governments, regulators, inspection bodies, product certification organizations and other conformity assessment bodies with the need to do testing, sampling or calibration.
Making the decision to implement ISO/IEC 17025 can be critical to the overall success of a laboratory. However, the manner with which it is implemented is even more crucial, because if properly done, it will literally enable the company to meet the highest standards of its customers. It will also provide universal assurance that its data and service quality will consistently meet these expectations, resulting in worldwide acceptance of your laboratory’s test results and provide legally defensible data to your clients.
ISO 17025 Training Learning Objectives:
- The requirements and scope of the ISO 17025 standard
- How to meet the requirements of ISO 17025
- The principles and application of quality control
- Understand the laboratory accreditation process
- How to monitor and continually improve quality control processes
Understand the basic concepts and principles of ISO/IEC 17025:2017. Understand and be able to answer the following questions:
- What is ISO/IEC 17025?
- Where did it come from?
- Who in the organization is affected?
- What are the internal and external benefits of ISO/IEC 17025?
- What is an accreditation body?
- What is the accreditation process?
- What are the Sections of ISO/IEC 17025?
- What is the implementation process of the ISO Standard?
This ISO 17025 Training course comprises eight sessions, which use practical examples, to help you understand how to implement various aspects of a laboratory management system:
- Session 1: ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and accreditation
- Session 2: The quality management system
- Session 3: Test/calibration methods
- Session 4: Management considerations
- Session 5: Technical considerations
- Session 6: Quality considerations
- Session 7: Risks and opportunities
- Session 8: Implementation and the accreditation process