DMAIC Training (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) is a step-by-step problem-solving methodology designed to address and solve problems by uncovering and eliminating the root cause. As the backbone of the Six Sigma methodology, DMAIC delivers sustained, defect-free performance and highly competitive quality costs over the long term and drives costly variation from manufacturing and business processes.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for anyone who would like to gain a working knowledge of DMAIC Process training. It is ideal as a supplement to Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing training initiatives.
Through DMAIC Process training, participants will learn to use DMAIC processes to solve problems. They will develop the skills necessary to work on and contribute to a problem-solving team, as well as learn to apply the appropriate tools throughout the problem-solving process.
Defining the Core Business Processes:
- Customer requirements and expectations
- Project boundaries
- Mapping the process flow
Measuring the performance of the Core Business Process:
- Developing a data collection plan
- Using data to determine defects and metrics
Analyzing the data collected:
- Process mapping to determine root causes and opportunities for improvement
- Identifying gaps between current performance and goal performance
- Prioritizing improvement opportunities
- Identifying sources of variation
Improving the Core Business Process:
- Problem solving solutions and prevention
- Implementation plan development and deployment
- Preventing regression
- Developing an ongoing monitoring plan (documentation and implementation)
- Sustaining improvements throughout the organization
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available at QSG’s training facilities and on-site at your organization