Suppliers are expected to:
- Provide 100% quality parts/services with 100% on-time delivery
- Continually strive to enhance product quality and manufacturing productivity to meet increasing competitive pressure in our global economies
- Follow the laws and security guidelines of other countries as applicable
- Have a process to ensure compliance with all applicable government safety and environmental regulations
- Provide all documentation and information in English to ensure documents are transferable and understood
- And much more….
The Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) is useful for gaining trust in suppliers and their manufacturing processes. Controlling costs and maintaining a high level of quality have become critical to a company’s success in today’s competitive manufacturing market. Outsourced parts have increased due to rising equipment, material, and labor prices, as well as expanding global markets.
With the competition of industry today, manufacturers must strive for the highest level of quality possible. To assure quality is maintained, many companies are requiring Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) to be completed. Many suppliers are either not familiar with PPAP or do not have a rock-solid system in place for effective PPAP execution. That is where QSG consulting services can be of value.
QSG consultants are leading experts in planning and execution of the PPAP and utilize experience and expertise gained through working with existing suppliers from various industries. We can assess, make recommendations and provide direction while helping you develop a PPAP process unique to your needs and your customer’s requirements. If you already have a process in place, we can also assist you in improving and streamlining your current PPAP process. As part of our consulting services, we can:
- Review the current state of your PPAP process
- Gain a thorough understanding of your PPAP requirements
- Evaluate the resources you currently have available for PPAP
- Determine the need for any outside resources such as testing facilities, laboratories, metrology services, etc.
- Review your objectives and chart the course for achieving results you desire
- Plan and design a PPAP process that aligns with your product introduction system
- Match best practices to your needs and desires
- Define and demonstrate the proper PPAP methodology
- Provide any required formats, templates and procedures
- Provide leadership for implementation of your new or revised PPAP system
- Provide hands-on expertise at your location(s)
- Clarify the 18 elements of PPAP
- Mentor the leadership teams to increase rate of success
Learn More About PPAP Support
QSG offers Quality and Reliability Support for Product and Process Development through Consulting, Training, and Project Support.
Follow QSG on LinkedIn!
Become a QSG Member today!