People who can master the art of negotiation find they can save time, save money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home and at work, and earn greater respect in the workplace.
Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life at any level. This interactive workshop ensures participants gain skills and confidence when negotiating with both internal and external clients. Training also includes techniques to promote effective communications and to turn face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
Two books, Getting Past No and Getting To Yes, both authored by William Ury, and educational curriculum from the Harvard University Business School, are referenced throughout the training.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for Salespeople, Business Development, Supervisors, Managers, and above, including Senior Leadership.
Through training, participants will learn:
- The benefits of good negotiation skills
- The importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances
- Various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages
- Strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics
- How to develop alternatives and recognize options
- Separate the people from the problem
- Focus on interests, not positions
- Generate a variety of possibilities before making a decision
- Define objective standards as the criteria for making the decision
- Negotiation principles
- Defining ZOPA (Zone of Possible Agreement)
- Identifying your BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement)
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available on-site at your organization and virtually