The success of an organization is largely dependent on its managers and leaders. Success is usually defined by tangible results, and the manager is accountable to motivate and develop the team to deliver the desired outcomes.
Management Skills is for those who are looking for higher level processes, tools, and systems to consistently deliver results to the company from those people they lead. Talent development, coaching, delegation, and accountability ideas and systems will be shared and new processes and tools created and implemented immediately following each session. Content in this course comes from many of the leading management gurus, including Ken Blanchard, Stephen Covey, and John C. Maxwell.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Supervisors, Managers, and above, including Senior Leadership.
Through training, participants will increase their ability to develop and coach employees, leading to the ability to delegate more and increase overall performance.
- Introduction to Organizational Development
- Leadership Model & the Definition of Leadership
- Management Responsibilities
- Review of Attributes
- Four Styles of Leadership
- Situational Leadership
- What is Coaching?
- Creating a Safe Coaching Environment
- Reasons for Performance Shortcomings
- Types of Coaching
- Coaching University Form
- Coaching Agreement
- Coaching Preparation: Real-world planning
- GROW Model of Coaching
- Asking Clarifying & Open-Ended Questions
- Providing Effective Oral & Written Feedback
- OREO (or Sandwich) Feedback method
- Empower others to be “Intra”-preneurial: beginning of critical thinking
- Negative Consequences & Benefits Matrix
- New Opportunity Form
- Accountability Analyzer: Behavior, Expectations, Goals, Processes, Projects & Results
- Accountability Chart: Identifying the seats needed and analyzing who is in each sea
- Delegation: Task Analyzer & Leadership Transition Questionnaire
- Delegation Plan
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available on-site at your organization and virtually