ISO/IEC 17025 specifies the general requirements for the competence to carry out tests and/or calibrations, including sampling. It covers testing and calibration quality systems using standard methods, non-standard methods, and laboratory-developed methods.
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 consists of five elements: Scope, Normative References, Terms and Definitions, Management Requirements, and Technical Requirements. The two main sections are Management Requirements and Technical Requirements. Management Requirements are primarily related to the operation and effectiveness of the laboratory’s quality management system. Technical Requirements includes factors that determine the correctness and reliability of the tests and calibrations performed by the laboratory.
This comprehensive training course on the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025: 2017 will provide participants with a detailed understanding of the concepts and requirements of the standard together with an overview of the steps required to implement the standard with a view to becoming independently accredited. The course covers basic quality concepts such as customer focus, the process approach, continual improvement and risk management.
The course addresses the relationship between ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 9001, the difference between certification and accreditation, and provides an overview of the content of ISO/IEC 17025, followed by an in-depth examination of each clause of the standard. These include impartiality, confidentiality, organization and responsibilities, personnel, facilities and environment, equipment, traceability, purchasing, subcontracting, contract review, methods, sampling, measurement uncertainty, quality control, reporting, complaints, nonconformance handling, IT systems, records, document control, risks and opportunities, corrective action, improvement, internal audit and management review.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for:
- Professionals working in or with a Laboratory
- ISO Managers/Management Representatives
- Auditors (Internal, 3rd Party, and Supplier)
Through training, participants will explore the ISO 17025 approach to laboratory management systems and learn to:
- Identify the fundamental requirements of a laboratory management system
- Identify the information and records required for a successful laboratory management system
- Recognize the requirements for laboratories and laboratory personnel regarding competency and impartiality
- Identify process requirements for selecting, verifying and validating test methods and reporting the results of laboratory activities
This course is specifically designed for those who want to learn ISO 17025:2017 requirements in detail.
This course comprises eight sessions, which use practical examples, to help you understand how to implement various aspects of a laboratory management system:
- Session 1: ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and accreditation
- Session 2: The quality management system
- Session 3: Test/calibration methods
- Session 4: Management considerations
- Session 5: Technical considerations
- Session 6: Quality considerations
- Session 7: Risks and opportunities
- Session 8: Implementation and the accreditation process
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available at QSG’s training facilities, on-site at your organization, and virtually
9am-1pm (EST) each day