ISO/IEC 17025 specifies the general requirements for the competence to carry out tests and/or calibrations, including sampling. It covers testing and calibration quality systems using standard methods, non-standard methods, and laboratory-developed methods.
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 consists of five elements: Scope, Normative References, Terms and Definitions, Management Requirements, and Technical Requirements. The two main sections are Management Requirements and Technical Requirements. Management Requirements are primarily related to the operation and effectiveness of the laboratory’s quality management system. Technical Requirements includes factors that determine the correctness and reliability of the tests and calibrations performed by the laboratory.
An integral part of a successful management system is an effective audit program. An audit program is also essential and required to achieve and maintain accreditation. This ISO/IEC 17025 training course provides a detailed review of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 as well as a review of ISO 19011, Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems.
In this course participants will be introduced to the principles of auditing, will be provided with an approach for developing, implementing, and managing an audit program, will learn the audit process and several audit methods for collecting, verifying, and recording objective evidence, and will discuss audit risks. Numerous hands-on audit activities, including developing and using checklists, are incorporated throughout the course to allow participants to begin to leverage their knowledge gained during the course.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended particularly for laboratories or organizations that work closely with laboratories to develop effective management systems that conform to ISO/IEC 17025. Participants may include:
- Professionals working in or with a Laboratory
- ISO Managers/Management Representatives
- Auditors (Internal, 3rd Party, and Supplier)
- Process Owners
Through training, participants will:
- Become familiar with ISO 17025:2017 laboratory management system requirements clauses and sub clauses
- Get an overview of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 laboratory management system (LMS) and the benefits to implement it
- Understand general and structural requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard
- Understand the required documentation, list of procedures and records required and how to audit them
- Gain knowledge of internal auditing and use of audit checklists
- Understand process-based audits
- Get ready-to-use internal audit checklists with clause-wise questions to perform an effective audit
- Understand the new concepts of impartiality, risk management and risk evaluation techniques, decision rule, and process approach
This ISO 17025 auditor training online course is specifically designed for those who want to learn auditing techniques based on ISO 17025:2017 as well as ISO 17025:2017 requirements in detail. This class consists of 8 sessions:
- Session 1: ISO 17025:2017 Laboratory Management system overview
- Session 2: Requirements of ISO 17025:2017 Laboratory Management System
- Session 3: ISO 17025:2017 Documentation
- Session 4: ISO 17025:2017 Internal Audit process
- Session 5: ISO 17025:2017 Audit Records and Audit Checklist.
- Session 6: Impartiality, Risk Management, Decision Rule and Process Approach, Key changes in ISO 17025-2017
- Session 7: Basic concept and evaluation of Measurement Uncertainty
- Session 8: Measurement Uncertainty – Practical examples
A read of the ISO 17025:2017 Standard
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available at QSG’s training facilities, on-site at your organization, and virtually
Follow QSG on LinkedIn!
Become a QSG Member today!