ISO 45001 is a milestone! As the world’s first International Standard dealing with health and safety at work, ISO 45001, Occupational health and safety management systems – Requirements with guidance for use, offers a single, clear framework for all organizations wishing to improve their OH&S performance. Directed at the top management of an organization, it aims to provide a safe and healthy workplace for employees and visitors. To achieve this, it is crucial to control all factors that might result in illness, injury, and in extreme cases death, by mitigating adverse effects on the physical, mental and cognitive condition of a person – and ISO 45001 Lead Auditor training covers all those aspects.
While ISO 45001 draws on OHSAS 18001 – the former benchmark for OH&S – it is a new and distinct standard, not a revision or update, and is due to be phased in gradually over the next three years. Organizations will therefore need to revise their current thinking and work practices to maintain organizational compliance.
Are you involved in or responsible for the planning, implementation or maintenance of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) management system? If so, the QSG’s ISO 45001 Lead Auditor training course is suitable for you.
This course is designed to help participants understand the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 to conduct a successful audit. Training includes hands-on workshops to prepare for real-life auditing situations, and participants will learn to manage the audit process and complete reporting.
Who Should Attend?
This course is appropriate for individuals responsible for planning and scheduling an audit program for ISO 45001 and for those who must perform audits to ISO 45001, Occupational Health and Safety Managers and Auditors, Quality Assurance and Environmental Affairs Managers, Quality Assurance and Environmental Professionals, ISO and OHSMS Project Managers, ISO and OHSMS Project Team Members, or anyone desiring an in-depth understanding of the ISO 45001 Audit Process.
Through training, participants will learn to:
- Interpret the ISO 45001 requirements
- Understand health and safety terms and definitions
- View the ISO 45001 requirements from an auditor’s perspective
- Plan, manage, and schedule an audit program
- Identify, understand, and manage health and safety hazards and risks
- Provide critical knowledge for your management and staff on ISO 45001
- Audit to ISO 45001 and create effective documentation
- Qualify additional staff in the ISO 45001 requirements
- Gain insight into the ISO 45001 audit requirements to augment/sustain your existing program
- Gain knowledge to help manage a successful health and safety implementation project
This is a four-day, instructor-led classroom course. There are written tests on each of the competency units on days 2, 3, and 4.
- Days 1 and 2 will cover ISO 45001 along with a corresponding competency exam (OH).
- Day 3 will cover management systems auditing (AU) along with a corresponding competency exam.
- Day 4 will cover leading management systems audit teams (TL) along with a corresponding competency exam.
All attendees are required to have their own copy of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems – Requirements.
An Internet-based, instructor led course utilizing web and teleconferencing technologies to allow students to interact without traveling. Virtual courses offer interaction with instructor and students via phone and Internet capabilities. Students have access to interaction both with the instructor and other students in an Internet-based learning environment (white board, Q&A tools, application sharing, and breakout rooms). Virtual courses are classroom-like experiences offered using the latest Internet tools.