High-quality feedback & conflict management is an essential element in any thriving organization. Yet few of us are taught how to do it, and even fewer are actually eager to give and receive feedback, especially when it is perceived as negative. The fear of hurting others’ feelings, and risk of being shamed ourselves, often prevent us from embracing this fundamental process.
The goal of this training is to build participants’ skills, willingness, and confidence in giving and receiving feedback and managing conflict, and then taking it a step further-to positive action that leads to improved outcomes.
This course leads participants to explore and practice the necessary conditions, mindset, skills and tools associated with both topics.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Supervisors, Managers, and above, including Senior Leadership.
Through training, participants will learn to:
- Identify past, current, and potentially future conflicts and use tools, models, and tactics to better plan communications for the best results possible.
- Reduce unhealthy conflict, turnover, and team dysfunction, while increasing trust, collaboration, cohesiveness, retention, and performance.
- The Purpose of Feedback
- Outcomes When Done Effectively vs. Ineffectively
- Emotional & Psychological Safety
- Preparing the Communication
- Delivering Feedback
- Receiving Feedback
- Words to Avoid
- Feedback Features and Guidelines
- How to disagree without hurting relationships
- Understanding of what contributes and ignites disagreement and conflict and the nature of people’s reactions
- Learn the skill set for helping people through conflict
- Understanding as a leader how to react to conflict
- Furlong’s Circle of Conflict
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Modes (Competing, Collaborating, Compromising, Avoiding, & Accommodating)
- Emotions & Stress Management with Coping Strategies
- 5 Levels of Conflict – Lyssa Adkins & Michael Spayd
- “Clearing the AIRR” model to resolve conflict
- WTF: It’s not what you think!
- Activities to use in teams to understand conflict better
Available on-site at your organization and virtually