At work and outside of work, employees frequently encounter situations that spark a variety of emotions. There can be disagreements over decisions, frustration of not being taken seriously, disappointment over not getting a promotion, or even total dissatisfaction with a job. It’s important to know when and how to express emotions, and when to keep them in check.
Outbursts, passive-aggressive behavior, or detachment are not constructive ways to handle emotions at work. While it is not always possible to check emotions at the door, it is possible to figure out what triggers emotional responses and then learn how to respond appropriately.
Emotional Management & Wellness provides the tools needed to recognize your emotional triggers, control your emotional and physical responses, and handle other’s emotions.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for every employee, every level of the organization.
Through training, participants will be able to communicate more effectively with supervisors and coworkers, be able to channel negative energy into more positive and productive activities, and promote their overall emotional intelligence.
- Learn the basics about how the brain processes outside stimulus and stress and how it determines your outward behavior (how you react)
- Where Does Fight, Flight, or Freeze Come From
- Four Parts of Emotions Management
- Four Types of Coping Strategies
- Coping Strategies Checklists
- How to Handle the Emotions of Others
- Creating Different Coping Tools
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available on-site at your organization and virtually