Research shows that the average individual in our society today will sit through 9,000 hours of meetings in their lifetime! That is over 365 days spent in meetings – not to mention the thousands of dollars spent on meetings. Meetings can be run efficiently and managed in a way that produces high impact. These techniques will allow participants to produce successful results from any meeting, whether as a participant or leader.
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for employees who plan or facilitate any meeting type.
Through training, participants will develop a process-oriented approach to meeting leadership – one that increases the leader’s ability to satisfy both the needs of the group and the objectives for the meeting by identifying task and people concerns.
- Examples of ineffective and effective meetings
- First Meeting: identify and agree on the process and ground rules.
- Planning and preparing your meeting
- The Four Meetings: Daily Check-in, Weekly Tactical, Monthly Strategic, and Quarterly Review
- Participants and Roles
- Setting objectives
- The Agenda: from pre-work to outline to timeline
- 5 concepts for leading effective meetings
- Structure, participation, decisiveness, drive to conclusion & accountability
- 4 modalities of leading meetings
- 3 types of meeting leadership styles
- Communication: Agenda, meeting, restatement, summary
- Dealing with conflict
- How to handle the six counterproductive behaviors: overly talkative, definitely wrong, highly argumentative, obstinate, side conversations, & won’t talk
- The importance of taking and distributing minutes
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available on-site at your organization and virtually
Follow QSG on LinkedIn!
Become a QSG Member today!