This basic course introduces participants to the concept of the Visual Workplace found in the Lean environment. It covers three types of visual controls: information, status, and help.
If taught at a client site, a gemba walk will help participants identify visual workplace opportunities, and after walk participants will develop a macro plan for establishing visual controls in their business.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for senior, mid- and entry-level managers, Lean Champions, Lean practitioners, and Lean leaders.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the Visual Workplace and visual controls
- Understand the three types of visual controls
- Develop a plan for establishing visual controls in their business
- What is the Visual Workplace?
- What are the benefits of creating the Visual Workplace?
- Visual controls: information, status and help
- Gemba walk to identify opportunities
- Exercise: Participants develop a macro plan for establishing visual controls in their workplace
1 hour (without gemba walk and macro planning)
4 hours (with gemba walk and macro planning)
Combination lecture, gemba walk and classroom exercise.
Available at QSG’s training facilities and on-site at your organization