What is Change Management? Stated simply, it is the transition of individuals, teams, and organizations from a current state to a future state with the least amount of resistance. This course will help teams to navigate change of all kinds and help to create a positive and progressive approach.
Who Should Attend
Do you lead projects in your organization that could result in change for a group of people or effect the organization at large? Is your organization impacted by changes within the marketplace routinely? Is there a significant change being driven throughout your team or organization that is unusual or a one-time event? Are you undertaking a major system implementation or restructure? Are you driving ahead with new vision, new ideas, or new concepts? If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of these questions, this course is for you.
This course will help you understand the impact of change, prepare for impending changes and help to manage others through the change. We’ll discuss ways to get buy-in and to deal with resistance, becoming an agent for change within your organization.
- Introduction to Change Management – Basics of change management including the importance of change and why some find it difficult to embrace change.
- Why and How People View Change – Here we’ll explore how people view change, what obstacles may need to be overcome and why some may be resistant to change.
- Where to Begin and How to Ensure Success – While most of us think strategically about change and why it’s necessary, we often fall short of developing a strategic plan for how we roll out the changes. In this workshop-style session, together we’ll develop a plan for change at a high level that can implemented to ensure a smoother transition for all involved.
- Establishing Clear Goals – Often one of the greatest challenges of implementing a change is neglecting to set clear and measurable goals. Accountability is the topic we’ll explore in this session, with practical steps to ensuring everyone knows the target.
- What Now – Regardless of how cleanly we execute our plan for change, we are apt to run into obstacles. Here we’ll develop a plan for overcoming those roadblocks and ensuring we have momentum to continue moving forward.
Course Format – 8 hours
Combination lecture and classroom exercises. Available at QSG’s training facilities and on-site at your organization.