Course Dates: November 15, 17 & December 1, 6, 8, 13, 15
Course Time: 2:00 – 5:00pm (EST) each day
Course Instructor: Albert F. Scorza – Senior QMS Consultant, Automotive, Aerospace
The Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence is a professional who leads and champions process-improvement initiatives-everywhere from small businesses to multinational corporations-that can have regional or global focus in a variety of service and industrial settings. A Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence facilitates and leads team efforts to establish and monitor customer/supplier relations, supports strategic planning and deployment initiatives, and helps develop measurement systems to determine organizational improvement. The Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence should be able to motivate and evaluate staff, manage projects and human resources, analyze financial situations, determine and evaluate risk and employ knowledge management tools and techniques in resolving organizational challenges.
Through discussion, review, and practice, attendees will become thoroughly familiar with the complete Quality Manager Certification Body of Knowledge. Class discussions include all in-depth overview of the exam process, along with rationales for correct answers. Sample test questions and answers offer participants a better understanding of the basic principles and applications that will appear on the exam.
This intensive Quality Manager Certification course is designed to quickly and efficiently give students the information, skills, strategies, and techniques to successfully prepare to sit for the ASQ CMQ/OE certification exam offered 4 times a year.
Taking this course does not constitute or imply the successful passing of the ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Knowledge exam. Participants will need to study the course material and Flash Drive practice questions outside of class.
This is a face-to-face, instructor led, 24 hour course.
- Understanding the CMQ/OE Body of Knowledge
- Prepare to sit for and pass the CMQ/OE Body of Knowledge
- The CMQ/OE examination is two-part, 165 multiple-choice-question, four-and-a-half-hour exam. One hundred and fifty questions are scored and 15 are unscored. There are two constructed response (essay) questions.
Module I: Leadership
- Organizational Structures
- Leadership Challenges
- Teams and Team Processes
- ASQ Code of Ethics
Module II: Strategic Plan Development and Deployment
- Strategic Planning Models
- Business Environmental Analysis
- Strategic Plan Deployment
Module III: Management Elements and Methods
- Management Skills and Abilities
- Communication Skills and Abilities
- Project Management
- Quality System
Module IV: Quality Management Tools
- Problem Solving Tools
- Process Management
Module V: Customer-Focused Organizations
- Customer-Focused Organizations
- Customer Relationship Management
Module VI: Supplier Chain Management
- Supplier Selection
- Supplier Communication
- Supplier Performance
- Supplier Improvement
- Supplier Certification, Partnerships, and Alliances
Module VII: Training and Development
- Training Plans
- Training Needs Analysis
- Training Materials, Development, and Delivery
- Training Effectiveness and Evaluation
Module VIII: Review of Constructed-Response (Essays)
Module IX: General Exam Information, Test Taking Tips, and Practice Test