This comprehensive course prepares participants for the American Society of Quality’s (ASQ) Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) exam with industry-relevant content, pertinent examples, and exam-style practice questions. Training includes a review of all topics in the CQI Body of Knowledge (BoK) in order to reinforce current knowledge, refresh concepts and applications not used in everyday work, and strengthen the exam preparation process.
The course begins with a pretest to identify areas of study on which to focus. Content is then covered in the order of the BoK. A post-test is included so participants can compare pretest and post-test results to verify improvement after completing the course materials.
Who Should Attend
This Certified Quality Inspector course is designed for anyone interested in preparing for and pursuing the ASQ CQI exam.
During training, participants will:
- Review content covered by the four sections in the CQI BoK.
- Identify specific areas of strengths and weaknesses as they pertain to the CQI BoK.
- Become familiar with questions similar to those that appear on the ASQ CQI exam.
Technical Mathematics – 6 hours
- Basic Shop Math
- Basic Algebra
- Basic Geometry
- Basic Trigonometry
- Measurement Systems
- Numeric Conversions
Metrology – 6 hours
- Common Gauges and Measurement Instruments
- Special Gauges and Applications
- Gauge Selection, Handling and Use
- Surface Plate Tools and Techniques
- Specialized Inspection Equipment
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
Inspection and Test – 6 hours
- Blueprints, Drawings, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and Model-Based Definitions
- Inspection Planning and Processes
- Testing Methods
- Software for Test Equipment
Quality Assurance – 6 hours
- Basic Statistics and Applications
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Quality Improvement
- Quality Audits
- Quality Tools and Techniques
- Problem – solving Tools and Continuous Improvement Techniques
Combination lecture/discussion and individual/group work sessions
Available virtually, at QSG’s training facilities, or on-site at your organization.