QSG clients in Providence include: Contech Medical Inc., Ferguson Perforating Inc., Nordson EFD, Vishay, TPI Composite, Interplex
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) is a powerful technique for avoiding process problems and preventing defects in products and services. The use of FMEA helps to anticipate and guide action to prevent failures in both design and process processes.
During our FMEA training and consulting services, you will learn to identify failure modes, estimate severity/occurrence/probability and potential causes in product, process and machine design. You will also learn effective techniques to mitigate risk and minimizing defects in both manufacturing and service processes.
Using hands-on techniques, you will perform both design and process FMEAs on your own designs and process issues, present the results of your analysis, and plan future applications of FMEA. At the end, you will have a new toolset that you can apply right away to prevent failures in your organization’s designs and processes.
FMEA Consulting and Training includes a copy of Guidelines for Performing a Design and Process FMEA, a handy reference for use during the workshop. This Guideline also serves as a template for drafting a company-specific FMEA policy and procedures for your own organization.
Benefits of FMEA Consulting
Following are benefits realized and reported by companies following the effective application and Design and Process FMEA.
- Addresses critical failure modes early in the design cycle
- Makes development plans more robust by addressing actions to reduce risk and increase yield before failures occur
- Fewer ECOs (engineering change orders)
- Faster time to market
- Reduced scrap and rework
- Fewer customer complaints
- Reduced warranty failures and costs
- Increased productivity
- Improved communications
- Increased profits
- Increased market share
- Reduction of product recalls
Who Should Attend?
Engineers and managers from R&D, design, manufacturing, materials, safety, environmental and quality, marketing, maintenance and field service personnel will also benefit from this training support.
- Systems Thinking
- Introduction to Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Control Plans
- Basic Procedure for Improving a System
- Introduction to Systematic Root Cause Analysis – and the difference between RCA and FMEA
Follow QSG on LinkedIn!
Become a QSG Member today!