Susan L.K. Briggs is known nationally and internationally for her work developing and implementing Environment, Health and Safety Management Systems in manufacturing, research and government organizations. Further, she has been involved in ISO Standards for 20 years, including:
- Chairperson of the U.S. Technical Advisory Group on Environmental Management, representing the US in the negotiation of ISO Environmental Standards requirements.
- Member of the ANSI-ASQ Accreditation Council overseeing the accreditation of certification bodies in the U.S.
- Member of the ISO Joint Technical Coordination Group task force that wrote ‘Annex SL’, ISO’s core management system requirements and the related guidance now used in all ISO management systems standards.
- Convener of ISO’s international working group responsible for the 2015 revision of ISO 14001 published in late 2015.
Ms. Briggs provides technical support, training and audit services (1st, 2nd & 3rd party audits) to organizations of all sizes in a variety of sectors, including certification bodies, on ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001) and integrated EHS and Quality management systems.
Susan L.K. Briggs graduated from Harvard University with a bachelor’s degree in Natural Science, concentrating in Environmental Science and Statistics. She has numerous publications in technical journals, including authoring “ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System Handbook: A practical guide for Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SMEs)”. She maintains a series of certifications, including:
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer and Quality Manager/Organizational Excellence
- NREP Registered Environmental Manger
- PECB Certified: Trainer, ISO 9001 Lead Auditor, ISO14001 Lead Auditor and ISO 45001 Lead Auditor