QSG’s Process-based & Metrics-driven ISO 9001:2008 Internal Auditing course provides a comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice of the ISO 9001:2008 Standard and Internal Auditing. It covers in detail the elements of the Standard, the methodology of Internal Auditing, setting up an Internal Auditing system, the structure of a simplified documentation system, effective report writing, corrective action/follow-up and the effective implementation and monitoring of such a system.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals who wish to learn how to perform an audit. Interactive workshops and case studies enable participants to gain a better understanding of ISO 9001:2008 and provide complete guidance on how to prepare for an audit, conduct the audit, and report results.
This course is designed to enhance student understanding of process-based, metric-driven auditing techniques. Using interactive workshops, simulated audits, and case studies, participants will develop practical audit skills, improve evaluation and communication skills, refine reporting skills, and sharpen their ability to implement corrective action programs. Students will also gain an understanding of Customer Oriented Processes (COPs), as well as the customer-specific requirements defined by the ISO Standard.
Introduction to Internal Auditing (8 hours)
During this session students will explore the following topics:
- Auditing and the ISO 9001:2008 Standard requirements
- Understanding Quality Management Standards
- Internal Auditing for Management Systems
- Reviewing an Organization’s Quality Management Documentation
- Developing an Audit Plan
Coordinating an Effective Audit Plan (8 hours)
Specific training activities include:
- Developing effective auditing techniques
- Practicing auditing skills in interactive workshops
- Identifying key activities for performing a successful audit
- Evaluating the significance of audit findings
- Improving communication skills for the presentation of audit findings
- Reporting the findings and evaluations
- Developing and implementing corrective action programs
- Auditing continual improvement programs
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Available at QSG’s training facilities and on-site at your organization