The AS9100:2016 Standard introduced in September 2016 has undergone a major revision in keeping with the changes being made to the ISO 9001 standard. AS9100 Rev. D includes all the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 along with approximately 105 additional requirements specific to the Aviation, Space and Defense industry. The AS9100 internal auditor course is designed to provide a working understanding of a quality management system based on the requirements of AS9100. It prepares internal auditors to perform effective process audits and helps managers and supervisors take full advantage of the internal audit process. Students will gain an understanding of the requirements of AS9100 and its inter-relationship with other elements of the ISO family of standards. This course meets the training portion of the requirements for certification of individual internal auditors. This course focuses on the process approach, and ensures that you maximize the benefits that implementing a quality standard can bring.
Day 1 of this course is a comprehensive review of the theory and practice of the AS9100:2016 Standard and Internal Auditing. This day includes;
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Challenge for Top Management
- ISO 9001:2015 changes incorporated into AS9100:2016
- Seven Quality Management Principles
- The AS9100:2016 Standard Explained
- Family of Standards
- Detailed review of all elements of AS9100:2016 standard
Attendees will also gain an understanding of Customer Oriented Processes (COPs), as well as the customer-specific requirements defined by the AS9100:2016 Standard.
Day 2 of this course is designed to enhance your understanding of process-based, metric-driven auditing techniques. This day includes;
- Introduction to AS9100:2016 Audit Trails
- Documentation for AS9100:2016
- The audit cycle and ISO 19011
- Introduction to Quality Audits
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Scope and Objectives
- Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Opening Meeting
- Quality Audits
- Conducting the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Writing Nonconformities (using CARs)
- Closing Meeting
- Summary Statement and Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Close Out (using CARs)
- Verification and Close Out
The course also looks at effective auditing techniques, interviewing skills, communication skills and teamwork concepts. Internal auditing metrics are also discussed. Interactive workshops, simulated audits, tutorials and case studies are practiced with the group in order to further convey the theory of the auditing process.
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
Instructor: Angelo Scangas
Location: Littleton, MA
Location: Montreal, Quebec.
Quality Suites Pointe-Claire
6300, Autoroute Transcanadienne, Pointe Claire H9R 1B9
Contact us for more information and training dates regarding this course and a QSG representative will call you as soon as possible.