This 16 hour course is designed to provide training on the transition and implementation of the requirements for a quality management system (QMS) based upon the AS9100:2016 standard. The AS9100:2016 Standard introduced in September 2016 has undergone a major revision in keeping with the changes being made to the ISO 9001:2015 Standard. AS9100:2016 includes all the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 along with approximately 105 additional requirements specific to the Aviation, Space and Defense industry. Participants will gain an understanding of these requirements and standards. Participants will also understand the AS9100:2016 standard’s effect on an organization, and how to implement and roll out a QMS.
What is the format of AS9100?
AS9100 uses a process approach to deploy the requirements of the standard. Organizations are asked to:
- Review and determine its critical processes
- Define each process inputs and outputs
- Create documentation necessary to show effective control of the process (Note that this does not necessarily mean creating a procedure.)
- Creating and analyzing measures of process performance for use in determining either corrective action or continual improvement
What are the benefits of AS9100?
- Fosters improved product & process quality.
- Provides additional confidence for global sourcing.
- Ensures a global quality system approach in the supply chain for supplier/subcontractor service consistency.
- Reduces variation, waste and improves the overall efficiency in production levels.
- Lessens the number of second party audits.
- Provides a common platform to address worldwide quality system requirements.
This course is designed to provide an overview of the requirements for a quality management system based on AS9100:2016, while emphasizing the key differences between the new standard, AS9100:2009 and AS9100:2016. Participants will gain an understanding of the requirements of AS9100:2016 and learn how to make the successful transition to AS9100:2016.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals and managers interested in learning how to transition from AS9100:2009 and AS9100:2016
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand the operation of a quality management system based AS9100:2016 and its principal processes
- Understand the correlation between AS9100:2009 and AS9100:2016.
- Understand the requirements of the AS9100:2016 Standard
- Demonstrate an understanding of how risk-based thinking supports and improves the understanding and application of the process approach
- Assess the level of complexity of transitioning to AS9100:2016 and develop a consistent plan for the transition
- Understand the additional requirements
- Operations Risk Management
- Product Safety
- Special Requirements
- Critical Items
- Configuration Management
- On Time Delivery
- Counterfeit Parts
- Expanded requirements for production and external providers
- Clearer understanding of the organization’s context
- Aligning QMS policy and objectives with the strategy of the organization
- Explicit performance evaluation requirements
- Greater flexibility with documentation
- More compatible with services
- Course objectives, structure, and an introduction to AS9100 history and benefits
- Annex SL and how this new structure impacts ISO 9001
- AS9100:2009 comparison to AS9100:2016
- Quality Management Principles
- Process Approach and Risked-Based Thinking
- A detailed review of AS9100:2016 sections, with explanations of their impact(s)
- How to Implement and Transition to AS9100:2016
Combination lecture and classroom exercises
A test will be administered, resulting in a certification
Available at QSG’s training facilities and on-site at your organization
Location: Littleton, MA