Food Safety is a key part of QSG’s consulting and training practice. We bring a unique perspective to food safety by combining extensive practical hands-on experience with a clear understanding of the business imperatives that are crucial to your success. We provide these services to growers, processors/manufacturers, food service operators, retailers, and distributors.
QSG’s goal is to provide expertise in food safety consulting and food quality training on a national and international basis. We achieve this goal by offering consulting, auditing, and training programs. We are experienced with products such as bakery & cereals, beverages, deli, dairy, fats & oils, flavors, meat & poultry, prepared foods, produce, seafood and snacks, spices & condiments.
One of the keys to success in the food business is to understand and carefully select your sources of food and food packaging. Both buyers and suppliers need fully documented and implemented systems for food safety management. These systems must meet regulatory and customer requirements based on global food safety expectations. QSG has extensive experience assisting others in developing, implementing, verifying, and validating food safety systems that can meet global certification requirements, such as those of the Global Food Safety Initiative.
To facilitate trade and trust, food, packaging, and distribution facilities must be inspected on a regular basis either by your own trained internal auditors, approved 3rd party auditors, or a combinations of method. This must be done in a comprehensive but cost effective manner.
QSG has extensive experience with supplier-auditing programs. We offer comprehensive services such as:
- Supplier Auditing Optimization (review of current programs and recommendations for modifications)
- Developing and helping to implement new programs (including guidelines for selecting Third Party Auditors, the role of consumer complaint monitoring, and cost implications to you and your suppliers)
- Conducting Triage Audits in cases where recalls or consumer complaints are involved
- Developing risk-based auditing instruments
The QSG team of experts has the knowledge and experience to assist you during the development of your internal HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) or HARP-C (Hazard Analysis and Risk Based Preventive Control) programs. We also provide reassessment evaluations of existing programs as part of annual, event, or risk-based requirements.
Our team includes former regulatory and public health agents, as well as consultants and trainers with industry and commercial experience. We integrate in-depth knowledge of the food industry with the requirements of the myriad of regulatory agencies that oversee the food industry. QSG can assist in the development of your entire food safety management program while navigating commercial and regulatory requirements with confidence.
We can support all your Food Safety and Quality requirements with the following offerings:
- Implementing Safe Quality Food (SQF) Systems
- FDA-Food Safety Preventive Controls and HACCP
- Food Safety Systems Internal Auditing Workshop
- BRC Certification
- Good Manufacturing Practices for Food (GMP)
- HACCP Fundamentals and Implementation
- Control of Listeria in the Ready-to-Eat (RTE) Environment